So I spent the past day excitedly uninstalling all my CS6 software and “upgrading” to the new Adobe CC. I didn’t want to believe Adobe would no longer develop Fireworks (which I find completely stupid and insane, but whatever), so I figured I’d spend the next 6-12 months teaching myself Illustrator… no biggie. If Rogie can do it, I can do it.
Well not only is Fireworks dead, but lo and behold ColdFusion development has been completely removed from Dreamweaver! What!?! When was this announced? What do I do? I have work due by the end of the week… and I CAN’T REINSTALL CS6!!! Seriously, I physically cannot get my work done!
After yesterday’s rant on ColdFusion I wanted to be sure to point out some genuine Adobe good stuff.
I signed up for the Adobe creative cloud in September and can’t speak highly enough of it. The product has genuinely been a pleasure to use. I just thought I’d point out a few pros and cons of the service for anyone still holding out:
- The latest upgrades and updates at your fingertips
- Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator CS6 are just awesome!
- Acrobat XI Pro is a great product too
- Includes a TypeKit subscription… I was even issued a refund for the unused portion from my previous subscription… awesome!
- Adobe Story… Need I say more. Although I’m an amateur at best, I love this product!
Cons (not really cons… more like, where the product could use some improvement)
- You can’t [yet] customize the folder location of The Creative Cloud Connection on your PC… your stuck with the directory Adobe gives you by default.
- Would love it if Dreamweaver/Creative Cloud Connection would work together for live, processed dynamic coldfusion|php|jsp|etc. code for testing.
- Creative Cloud has a bad habit of losing my logged in session and I’m signing in a little more frequently than I’d like.