After yesterday’s rant on ColdFusion I wanted to be sure to point out some genuine Adobe good stuff.
I signed up for the Adobe creative cloud in September and can’t speak highly enough of it. The product has genuinely been a pleasure to use. I just thought I’d point out a few pros and cons of the service for anyone still holding out:
- The latest upgrades and updates at your fingertips
- Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator CS6 are just awesome!
- Acrobat XI Pro is a great product too
- Includes a TypeKit subscription… I was even issued a refund for the unused portion from my previous subscription… awesome!
- Adobe Story… Need I say more. Although I’m an amateur at best, I love this product!
Cons (not really cons… more like, where the product could use some improvement)
- You can’t [yet] customize the folder location of The Creative Cloud Connection on your PC… your stuck with the directory Adobe gives you by default.
- Would love it if Dreamweaver/Creative Cloud Connection would work together for live, processed dynamic coldfusion|php|jsp|etc. code for testing.
- Creative Cloud has a bad habit of losing my logged in session and I’m signing in a little more frequently than I’d like.